How to Bake a pizzetta with your kids
Why should pizza shops have all the fun! Carrie shows her crew a new twist on how to toss a perfect mini pie. It smells like pizza, it tastes like pizza, but it looks like it's been zapped by a shrinking machine! It's the pizzetta! Follow along with this cooking how-to video to learn how to bake a pizzetta with your kids.
1 pre-made refrigerated pizza dough ball
flour for rolling out dough
mozzarella cheese or any cheese that you have in your fridge (except American slices)
toppings of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven or grill to 475 degrees.
2. Lightly sprinkle rimmed baking sheet with flour.
3. Roll out refrigerated pizza dough 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
4. Cut dough into as many pieces as there are guests. Shape dough into flat circles.
5. Arrange rounds on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle rounds with an assortment of toppings of your choice.
6. Drizzle pizzette with olive oil, then top with thickly sliced fresh basil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
7. Bake pizzette until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
8. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.