This recipe is great for both breakfast and brunch, though it might be a little too filling for a small breakfast (if you plan on eating it all yourself). But once you try it, you won't be able to resist the pizza-like style of bacon and eggs.
Michael Scelfo, Executive Chef of Russell House Tavern, shows how to work the dough to just the right shape and consistency for his pizza. Sautéed spinach and garlic, crisp bacon, and a couple of eggs share topping rights with shredded fontina cheese. Hot from the oven, a dusting of freshly-grated pecorino romano gives it the final eye-opener. Share over a leisurely brunch or take it to-go for a breakfast that rivals anything you get at the drive-up window.
* 3 thin bacon slices, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 lb spinach
* pinch of salt & pepper
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
* flour for dusting work surface
* 8 oz pizza dough (store-bought or home-made), room temperature
* 3 tbsp grated pecorino romano cheese
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades