Don't bother ordering out for pizza tonight… try making your own with this easy pizza dough recipe. It's the perfect pizza doughy to begin with, because it's super quick and easy. Most people think that making dough is hard, but this recipe breaks the myth. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and get some pizza sauce ready, and the rest is simple.
"Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Pizza crust, pure and simple, kneaded by hand. Remon Karian of Fiorella's dispels all fears of making pizza dough. Prepare it a day ahead or use it the same day. Then move on to Remon's masterful Tossing of the Dough in his Pizza 101 video. And don't forget the icing on the pie, so to speak, an easy and flavorful Pizza Sauce."
Makes enough dough for two 12" pizzas
* 1 cup warm water (105-115º F)
* 1 packet active dry yeast
* 2 cups bread flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp olive oil
* extra flour, for dusting
* plastic wrap
* dough/pastry scraper
1. Pour 1 cup of warm water into a small bowl and stir in yeast
2. Let stand until yeast dissolves, 5-10 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, salt, sugar and yeast mixture, stir well to combine. Stir with a fork until dough forms a sticky ball
2. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth, about 5-10 minutes, adding more flour if dough is very sticky
3. Transfer to a bowl coated with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area until dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour
4. Punch down dough and divide into 2 pieces, then roll into dough balls
5. Dough is now ready to roll out to make two 12" pizzas. [Dough can be made 1 day ahead, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator]
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.