Check out this video to learn how to make grilled pizza. Experience a new video cookbook with delicious summertime recipes, perfect for your picnic basket or backyard BBQ table. Everyone is sure to enjoy this delicious recipe for grilled pizza.
Ingredients for grilled pizza:
Store bought dough
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
12 fresh basil leaves, chiffanade
2 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the dough to room temperature.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and place the stone pizza grill on and close.
3. Dust pizza peel and dough with corn meal and dust your hands and dough with flour.
4. Give the pizza peel a shake before adding the toppings to make sure it hasn't stuck to the peel.
5. To the dough add cheese, tomatoes, basil, and season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Let the pizza grill undisturbed for 4 minutes and then check the bottom and grill for about 4 minutes longer.
7. Before you serve top with fresh basil sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.