Forget cooking pizza sauce… you don't need to cook it. If you're in a hurry, this pizza sauce recipe is the way to go. You basically just add a little tomato paste to some tomato sauce, which thickens the sauce up and gives it a nice texture. Then add some garlic and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste, but be careful not to add too much! This pizza sauce can last for about a week, so no need to rush anymore than you have to, but the longer it sits, the better it tastes!
"Really good, rich and flavorful pizza sauce should be pure and simple. Remon Karian of Fiorella's shows us how it's done. No frills. Just a few key ingredients get the job done. Give it a try on Remon's Easy Pizza Dough and then let him walk you through the finishing touches with Pizza 101."
Makes enough sauce for two 12" pizzas
* 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
* ½ can (3 oz) tomato paste
* 1 tsp chopped garlic
* salt & pepper for seasoning
* 1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
1. Combine ingredients and mix well
2. Let stand for at least 2 hours (or even several hours) for flavors to blend
Note: Sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for about 1 week.